Coronovirus Update – Partial Opening for Students of Key Workers and Vulnerable Groups from Monday 23rd March
Following the announcement from the Secretary of State for Education, regarding education provision for students who are classified as vulnerable, or if their parents are key workers, we will have a limited provision in place.
Please read this guidance first: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers
Please note the following points:
- The safest place for your children is at home. The Government has clearly stated “If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be”. Please support us and the rest of your fellow citizens by following this advice as far as you can, and only send your children into school if this is absolutely essential.
- School will be open from 9.00am to 2.50pm. Students should report to reception in the first instance.
- We will be operating only a skeleton staff in order to minimise social contact and keep our school staff safe. Students will be supervised but no teaching will take place. Instead, they should follow the resources provided through POODLE.
- The school canteen will not be open. Students need to bring in a packed lunch and drinks. Please do not allow your child to bring in energy drinks of any sort.
- Students do not need to wear school uniform.
- Please let us know before 3pm each day if your child will be in the following day in order for us to plan our staffing levels firstname.lastname@example.org If you have not pre-booked, we may not be able to accommodate your child the next day.
- If your child, or anyone in your household has symptoms of Coronavirus, can we remind you of the importance of following the government advice on self-isolating https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We will review this provision on a weekly basis to ensure that all students and staff are kept safe.