Ofsted Monitoring Visit – 1 July 2021
I am very proud to be able to share the findings from Ofsted’s monitoring visit to us on 1 July 2021. As this was not a full inspection, our overall judgement remains unchanged at this time, but Ofsted did confirm that:
“Leaders and those responsible for governance are taking effective action in order for the school to become a good school.”
The report highlights the success of the MAT and school leadership team “to rapidly improve the school”, furthermore identifying how we have not let the pandemic get in the way of school improvements, instead seeing it as an opportunity.
- Students are described as ‘respectful’ and ‘keen to join in (lesson) activities’. We are delighted that students told the Inspector they are pleased to be back at school, which is reflected in high rates of attendance.
- Our curriculum is described as ‘ambitious’, and Ofsted noted how our reading strategy has ‘established a range of activities designed to promote a love of reading’.
- The quality of education has been ‘systematically improved’, supporting especially students with SEN and effective use of strategies to support learning and progress.
- Ofsted noted that the Sixth form has also improved, offering a ‘rich set’ of learning opportunities, with all sixth form and Year 11 students having secure destinations.
- Ofsted also confirmed that our safeguarding procedures are effective.
We are absolutely delighted that Ofsted have recognised the rapid and significant improvement at our school over the last year. It was an extremely rigorous inspection, which took into account the views of all our stakeholders – governance, leadership, teachers, students and families all of who corroborated the view that we are a rapidly improving school. However, as we re-enforce to our students; “getting better never stops” and we know that there is further work still to be done in order to secure the ‘Good’ judgement at our next full inspection, which we fully expect during the next academic year.
We are exceptionally excited about the new academic year ahead and with support from King’s Group Academies, will continue to do everything we can to ensure that your child(ren) receive the highest standard of education, the broadest range of opportunities and are able to achieve at the highest levels.
A reminder that we will finish for the end of the year at 3.15pm on Thursday 22nd July, with Years 7,12 and 13 returning on Friday 3rd September and all other years on Monday 6th September. In the meantime, may I take the opportunity to wish you all a very enjoyable and restful summer holiday,
With very best wishes,
Mr D Littlemore